By integrating Test Management with GitHub, QA teams are now able to leverage the same collaboration features and project management tools as development teams.
- Test instructions are captured using plain text markdown and managed in repositories following the same process as development (version control, pull requests, etc.).
- No proprietary UI required for test authoring.
- GitHub issue integration.
- Test planning that leverages branches, issues, and GitHub Project Boards.
- And support for automated fixturing using GitHub Actions and AWS Lambdas.
A Testspace manual project uses a
Issues, and a
Boardall tightly integrated with GitHub.
To help you navigate Testspace, here is a brief description of terms and entities.
When you first sign up for Testspace, you will choose an Organization name, this becomes the subdomain of your Testspace URL -
The landing page for Testspace is an Organization's Projects Listing.
org-name.testspace.com project-1 └─ space-1 └─ space-2 .. project-2 ..
Space representing the branch and is a collection of test
Suite is a set of test
cases, as defined in a single specification file, and is a standalone executable unit.
organization └─ project └─ space └─ suite1 └─ suite2 ..
Suites can also optionally be organized into
Cycle represents a collection (subset) of
Suites typically used for planning different stages of test execution.
space └─ cycle └─ suite ..
Note that a Testspace Organization can be used with multiple GitHub organizations.